Friday, April 22, 2011

The story behind "Bowen"

I've had a lot of people ask us about the name "Bowen," so I figured I better write it on the blog so I have it down. It goes like this:
For most of the pregnancy we were thinking we were going to keep the boys names starting with a "B". We tried thinking of other names, but we kept coming back to Blake and Beau.

Fast forward to Tuesday nite, just two days before I was scheduled to be induced. I saw previews for a new show on Bravo called, "Pregnant in Heels." I turned it on and Aaron started watching it with me. This crazy couple on there was having focus groups to determine the name for their third born. One of the names they liked was "Bowen".

As soon as Aaron heard the name he turned to me and told me he really liked that name. I was like, "are you kidding me? It's two days before I'm going to give birth! Wait...are you messing with me?" He assured me he wasn't and I kept saying the name and the more I said it the more I liked it.

After doing some research we learned it is not a popular name at all (good thing!). We also figured that we could shorten the name to "Bo" if we wanted (which we don't really want to). The next morning, Aaron did his own research and learned that Drew Brees (QB for the Saints) wanted "B" names for his baby boy, who was born in October. People could tweet in their suggestions. The winning name? Yep, Bowen! That was the only "Bowen" instance we could find online.

So, it was kind of an impulse decision, but I'm so glad we went with it. We've had a lot of compliments on the boys' names and I just can't see "Bowen" as a "Beau" now! (On a side note, the crazy couple on the t.v. show did end up naming their son Bowen, too.)

The middle names of the boys are after Aaron. We took his first and middle names and made each of them a middle name for the boys. :)


1 comment:

Jaime Leigh said...

I think the name is really awesome...I think you made a great last minute choice =)