Monday, October 19, 2015

The hills are alive....

Tonite I attended the 6-12 choir concert to take photos for the paper.  I'll be honest, there was a part of me that wished I could have just thrown my pjs on and snuggled with my kiddos on the couch.  That being said, I was so glad that I was at the concert!  We got a new choir teacher this year and it was his directing debut and I was very impressed with how all the different choirs sounded.  Kudos to all involved!

You all know, because of my dad, affectionately known to many as "Hummin' Lar," I have a soft spot for music in my heart.  Choir teacher for 20+ years.  I was remembering tonite how on "concert day" he would go through about one container of tums or rolaids.  He was always a nervous wreck.

The other day Jenna and Brody were trying to remember the words from a song from, "The Sound of Music."  That is one of my favorite musicals of all time and if I can teach my kids anything, I hope it is my love of cheesey musicals. ;)  I just can't help myself, I adore pretty much anything by Rogers and Hammerstein.

Music, it's good stuff.  As I always say, my kids will be in choir, unless they're tone deaf. Ha!  I will probably try to embarrass my children by singing random songs in public just like my dad always did to me.  Good times ahead my friends...good times ahead!


No comments: