Friday, October 23, 2015

Texas Forever....

If you are a fan of the show, "Friday Night Lights,"  then you know that saying/motto is from that show.  This show is...extraordinary.  I started to watch it on Netflix right after Blake had his transplant and after two episodes I thought, I can't watch this without Aaron, he will love this show!

Fast forward to the end of the summer and we binged watched all five seasons of the drama.  This show didn't get a huge audience when it was on NBC, but it is so, so good.  You watch this show and you can't help but fall in love with Dillon, Texas.

"Friday Night Lights," would imply it's a show about football, which it is.  But, don't let that stop you from watching because it is about so much more. The show centers on football coach Eric Taylor and family, along with his player's lives. The show uses Dillon, Texas to address so many different issues like family and relationships, school funding, racism, drugs, abortion and just dealing with life and all of its ups and downs. 

I adored the characters of Coach Taylor and his wife, Tami.  Their chemistry and marriage portrayal was spot on.  They just balanced each other perfectly. I could also maybe also relate just a little bit about the things you go through being a coach's wife. ;)  Plus, there are way too many other characters that became my favorites that I just can't name them all.  

Coach Taylor though, he was good stuff.  Sometimes a father figure.  Sometimes a sarcastic a$$.  Sometimes he'd ream somebody that needed it.  
Sometimes funny... 
 
 Sometimes so serious and spot on...

Ya'll (I can say that since I'm talking about a show set in Texas), this is the best show that I've watched in a long, long time.  Do yourself a favor and go watch it.  
And remember... TEXAS FOREVER.
(If you have time, here's a trailer from all the seasons.)
 

No comments: