Sunday, October 18, 2015
I got a request on my Instagram account after I posted this photo to blog about my homemade applesauce recipe. Let me tell you, I don't even know if I feel comfortable calling it a "recipe" because it's more like here are the ingredients and add and adjust until it tastes good to you.
Here's what I do:
1. Fill a crockpot with diced apples. I did a batch where I peeled the apples and I did a batch where I didn't have time for that. The only difference is the non-peeled apple batch was chunkier. No big deal.
2. Add 1/2 - 3/4 cup of water to your crock pot.
3. Sprinkle 1/2 cup white sugar over your apples. Sprinkle 1 - 1 1/2 TBL of cinnamon over your apples.
4. Cook on high for 4 hours. The apples will get really soft and you will be able to just stir it right up to the consistency of applesauce.
5. Here's the part where you just do your thing based on your taste buds. If it's too tart for your taste, add some sugar. If it's not cinnamon-y enough, add some more. (My tip: Let it cool for awhile before adjusting the cinnamon and sugar).
6. After it cools, I put them in freezer safe containers and wa-la! That's it. :)