Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Pumpkins

While the weather was still nice last week the kids and I sat in the front yard and painted our pumpkins.  I don't know why I'm not a carver.  Probably because it will end up being me doing most of the work?!  For whatever reason, I have always just had the kids paint pumpkins.  They seem to love it and we will do that until they decide they want them carved!

 Pumpkins. Paint.  Old Newspapers. Brushes.  We were ready to go...

 Brody whipped through three pumpkins like nobody's business, but Jenna only did one.  She was very meticulous with her pumpkin. :)

 Bright, happy colors!
 In her defense, Jenna's pumpkin was ginormous!
 And yes, I even painted a few pumpkins too.  This one was my favorite.  Go Hawks!  Go Trojans!
 Jenna's finished product
 When we painted the pumpkins we were in our shorts.  I shot this picture of the kids about a week later.  Four little pumpkins!
Oh!  And I had these all nice and arranged, but a certain four-year old who shall remain nameless took it upon himself to liven things up a little bit.  Here is his creation:
 
 It was darn cute and creative I couldn't bear to put it back to the way it was! :)
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments: