Sunday, May 8, 2011

Jess & Mitch's Wedding Weekend

This past weekend was CRAZY!! Not only have we been trying to balance our time between State Center and Iowa City, but throw into the mix my sister's wedding in Cherokee and you have pure craziness.

Jenna, Brody, Bowen and I headed to Cherokee on Thursday afternoon so we could help with wedding preparations. Aaron was supposed to be a groomsmen, but we all decided together that he needed to be in Iowa City. So, our separate ways we went.

It was a beautiful Saturday for Jess and Mitch's wedding! My sister was gorgeous and everything went off without a hitch. I was nervous about two things on Saturday: 1. My children making it down the aisle and 2. My speech at the reception. Both things went well!

It was a long, exhausting weekend with all the festivities, but it was a great celebration and it was WONDERFUL to see so many family members. We don't get together near enough and we have so much fun when we're together. Here are some pictures from the big day!

Our little flower girl. Jenna was getting hot and nervous and feeling sick before it was time to walk down the aisle, but after a trip outside she was ready to go!

"Little GQ", as the photographers called Brody, who was making his debut as a ring bearer. He also got down the aisle no problem...and within minutes was sound asleep snoring on Grandma Linda's lap! That no nap stuff is hard work! :)

A picture of the Beadle clan. Not everybody was able to make it, but it was great to see those that did.

The three siblings: Justin, Jess and me on our way to the reception in Aurelia.

Fun on the party bus with Mandy! :) I was sans-children and took the time on the bus to relax and enjoy the moment.

Aunt Jess and Brody during the dollar dance. Brody was very excited to give me his dollar to dance.

BLAKE UPDATE: Aaron headed down Saturday to be with Blake and our little guy is doing well. The surgeon said the G-tube looked good and they started using it on Saturday. Because of that, they were able to take the feeding tube out of his nose. That means, for the first time since birth, he has no tubes or anything on his face! It sounds like they will re-start dialysis on Monday.

No comments: