Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Work Changes

This is week two for us adjusting to my new schedule at work. A lot of things happened: 1. I realized Jenna was almost 5!! 2. My job was beyond stressing me out. 3. We didn't like how much money we were paying to daycare every month.

All those things combined and a serious talk between Aaron and myself and we decided to run the idea by Greg of me having more flexible hours. By "flexible" I mean get up in the early mornings (5 AM or so, not a big deal because I'm usually up by then anyway) and working until Aaron has to go to school or working nights (which I have to do a lot anyway between covering games and meetings). Plus, in the afternoons when Jenna's at school and Brody is napping I can do my writing at home.

We decided I would work 2-3 days during the week in the office during normal business hours, depending on how busy my week is. Greg said as long as the paper gets out every week, he's good with whatever. Thank goodness for that!

Week one was GREAT! Less stress + more time with my baby dolls = a much happier mommy!

3 comments:

Mandy Hunecke said...

Good for you,I am glad you guys could get something worked out. Best of luck with it all!! I hate to admit it but I am jealous.... Hopefully I can get something worked out with my work schedule too. See you soon!

Brooke Stevens said...

That's wonderful! With my increase of hours I am going to hate to see what my bill is each month...Yikes!!
Good luck to you guys and hope it goes well!

Gregori Family Blog said...

Super! It's great to have a job that is so flexible!