Thursday, October 28, 2010

MSU Hockey Game

I talked about this in my column this week, but Scott hooked us up with some MINNESOTA State (aren't you proud Scott?) hockey tickets Saturday nite. The Mavs were playing #19 Colorado College.

This is the first thing I noticed when we walked in. Cheerleaders. At a hockey game. What the?!


Me and my hockey-lovin' husband. :)

Our section was a special section and they came down and threw us free t-shirts. Aaron was excited he got one until I said, "It would be hilarious if that was only a medium." He looked at the tag and what do you know? A medium! :) Luckily, Miss Jenna (with the help of Lisa) got a shirt and hers was an XL, so they were able to trade. Jenna thought she needed to wear it that second!


Lisa with Jenna and Brody. The kids LOVE her! Or, maybe it was the kettle corn she shared with them... :)

In another story, the people we were sitting by were really nice season ticket holders. The guy notices Brody's Hawkeye shirt, tell us he won a $100 bet that day because the Hawks lost, said he wanted to "share the wealth" and handed Brody a $1.
The view from our seats. Unfortunately, the Mavericks lost 1-0 and there wasn't a ton of offense and they didn't get a lot of shots on goal (listen to me acting like I know what the heck I'm talking about!), but there were definitely tempers flying between the two teams, which always makes for a good time!

No comments: