Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pumpkin Patch 2010!

This past weekend Grandma and Grandpa Burdorf made the long trek from Sioux City to hang out with us. We had a weekend full of fun! On Saturday morning we headed out to Carroll's Pumpkin Farm in Grinnell. We went there two years ago and the kids really enjoyed it.

The morning went well, but I have to say that it was too hot. I know I shouldn't complain, but it really was hot and the kids had red faces and I was sweating. Ugh. I was hoping for cooler weather.

I love this expression on Jenna's face!

One of the great things about this place is all the opportunities they have for photos. They set it up that way on purpose and I am happy to report there were a lot of other crazy picture-taking parents there - not just me!

A hay bale turkey. Forgive Brody's bright face, direct sun and picture taking are not a match made in heaven.

Grandpa Frank and Jenna give the wheelbarrow obstacle course a try.

Brody in heaven on his Little Green Tractor. :)

Can't forget the cow train. They LOOOOOVED the cow train!

Grandma and Grandpa with their grandbabies.

They had a barn full of corn. The kids had a blast in there.

They had a giant pillow to jump on and Jenna couldn't wait to give it a try!
Brody trying to lift a way-t00-big pumpkin.

Riding the hayrack back in after picking out our pumpkins.
We had a family picture taken just like this a year ago at the apple orchard, so we needed another one. It's amazing how much the kids have grown, especially Brody!
All in all, a great weekend! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

No comments: