Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The way I see it...

A human please
Remember the good old days? I’m talking about the days where you had a problem with a business or a bill and you called the company and actually got to talk to a real live human being?!

I was given the run around yesterday afternoon. Press one if you’d like to blah, blah, blah....press two if you’d like to blah, blah, blah and so on. After they had gone through about six selections and none of them were “talk to a customer service representative” I didn’t know what to do. I tried selecting one of the options and was given another five choices to choose from.

I was beyond frustrated and realized I probably needed to go back to the original menu, but that wasn’t an option. So, I hung up redialed and went through the whole kit-and-caboodle again. Finally I think I just started pushing “0” continiously and somehow, someway I got to speak to a human being.

I know with cut-backs and all the automated system seems like a good idea, but I would give anything (ANYTHING!) to go back to dialing a phone number, getting a real person and have them direct my call accordingly, but that’s just the way I see it.

No comments: