Wednesday, August 25, 2010

30th Birthday Weekend

I had a GREAT birthday weekend! It was so much fun! Friday nite, Justin and Mandy came from 'Kato and my dad came, boat in tow, from Cherokee. They all ended up getting there kind of late, but they were determined to help me celebrate my birthday! Cake, cards and gifts were all brought and I wasn't expecting any of it, but it was really nice of everyone.

Saturday morning we got up and headed to Big Creek Lake down by Polk City and spent a good chunk of the day soaking up the sun, swimming, snacking, drinking, letting the dogs play and listening to music.

My dad bought a pontoon last spring and sadly, we hadn't had the chance to go out on it until last Saturday. It's really BIG and it great to hold all of us. I can't wait to have some more fun on the lake in the near future.

When we got home about in the afternoon, we all decided to take a nap (or try to). We took showers, had supper and then headed out to the golf course for our second annual night golf outing. Last year was the first time Justin and Mandy had done it and this year we broke my dad in. I honestly think he was traumatized! You can head over to the Hunecke Blog for more pictures and details about night golf.

Are you sitting down? Anybody that knows us knows that we are not Iowa State fans. However, my dad thought it would be "fun" to take the kids over to Iowa State Fan Fest on Sunday afternoon because they had inflatables and stuff.

I was against it, but Aaron said they had an equipment sale going on to, so since we had nothing better to we had lunch in Ames and went to Fan Fest. It honestly wasn't too bad. And, we actually bought some stuff at the sale. Aaron got a pair of Nike coaching shoes for $20! We also both got a ISU women's basketball t-shirt (we do enjoy their games) and some plain red running/wind pants.

Oh...and Brody was whipping around a football that they were giving away and he threw it, I looked up and it was at Fred Hoiberg's feet. So, I got to see him up close and personal!

Some pictures from the lake:

My 30th Birthday Balloons on the Boat

Jenna's smiling, but she was clinging on for dear life.

Brody wasn't having it. He kept pointing at me wanting to get out.

Much happier! He loved to pretend to drive and steer the boat.

Justin...chillin'.

Our family

3 comments:

Mandy Hunecke said...

Love LOVE LOVE YOUr last picture!

Gregori Family Blog said...

What a great way to spend your birthday!!

Mary or Jerod said...

Happy Birthday Jamie!! I feel so bad, I didn't get a card to you, I'm glad you had a great time. Also, I love that you had fun at Fan Fest, Iowa State's not all that bad- they can show you a good time at least :)