Monday, April 30, 2012

The Lorax

Have I ever told you of my love of cheap theaters?  I love them.  I kind of forgot Ames had one and then I remembered and now one of my favorite things to do is for Jenna, Brody and me (just the three of us) to go to a kids flick.

Sunday was the perfect day because it was rainy and icky and gross.  Perfect for the movie, "The Lorax," along with popcorn.  Bonus:  it was in 3D!  The kids thought that was extra cool. :)

I have to admit that I have never read this Dr. Seuss book.  I actually don't even remember hearing about it until the movie came out.  Anyway, the message in the movie is so great.  If you care one iota about nature and the environment, go see this movie.  If you don't give a crap about any of that, then don't.  I fit into the first category and am trying to teach my kids about the importance of preserving all of these beautiful things that nature offers us.

There was a quote in the movie that really struck a chord with me and I was trying to remember it and then they put it up on the screen during the credits, so I will end this post with that.  I think it's perfect!

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -Dr.Seuss 


No comments: