Friday, March 2, 2012

A sign...

Do you have those moments when you know that God just gives you a sign? A sign that says, everything is going to be just fine. You really don't have things too bad.

I was feeling kind of bummed out on Thursday because Blake had been doing the morning puke thing for a couple days. It's not a bug, it's just kidney stuff. I work hard to get his weight up through feeds during the day and then it's like all the work just goes for nothing. He pukes, weight goes back down. We've been in the 17lb region since November. NOVEMBER.

Anyway, I was driving home with all three boys after picking up prescriptions and I clicked on a radio station. They were doing a fundraiser for St. Jude's Children's Hospital. They played these songs and had parents talking of their experiences throughout.

Do you know the Vince Gill song, "Go Rest High on that Mountain?" Gets me everytime. A mom was telling the story of her son passing away from cancer and she said her son told her that even though they were going through something hard, they should be happy. Because life is what it is and you may as well be happy. Those words just hit me. Life is what it is.

I cried. The truth in those words just hit me like a ton of bricks. It's going to be ok, this is just a small hurdle. I just needed a little reminder. :)

No comments: