Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The good. The bad. And the good.

It was quite the weekend at our house. It was filled with highs and lows. Like we were thrown on a crazy rollercoaster ride.

Friday night - the good. We had a group of friends over for supper. It was fun to hang out, eat and have some good conversation. We aren't able to get together near enough, so it was just a really nice night.

Saturday morning - still good. Jenna, Brody and I woke up before the other half of the family. We spent the morning playing songs on the blog with the kiddos dancing and singing along. It was so fun.

I decided that since I had to go get one of Blake's scripts in Ames, I would see what was showing at the cheap theater. It was Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked. So, Jenna, Brody and I went to that at noon. We loved it! It was a cute movie!

Saturday afternoon - the start of bad. I called Aaron and he told me Blake couldn't keep anything down and that I should probably call Iowa City. I figured they would give us a plan, like continuous slow feeds. Nope. They said we were going to be admitted.

Aaron and I tried to figure out a plan of attack. We decided I would take Blake down and we would just play the rest by ear. I HATE being apart as a family. Especially when it's for something like this.
Blakers and I got to IC about 6 PM Saturday night. They told me they wouldn't start an IV until he puked again. So, after chaos of trying to get Blake's meds, formula, dialysis stuff, I finally got Blake to sleep at 10:30 pm.
I woke up in the morning and checked Blake. Still no puke. He had been consistently puking at the end of dialysis or just after. He finished dialysis and still nothing.
The on-call kidney doctor talked to me in the morning and said that if he didn't throw up his morning feeds, we could go home that afternoon. I guess Blake missed his family as much as me. No puking and we got to head home Sunday afternoon!

Sunday afternoon - the good. It was soooooo nice being home Sunday afternoon and evening. Aaron and I caught up and told me that Bowen had walked across the room. I didn't believe him until Bowen did it! He was clapping for himself after he finished. :)
Walking back to daddy. I love the frankenstein walk they do when they are still trying to balance. Oh...and pay no attention to the dorky looking gal in the background. DORK!
He is getting so big so fast. I am excited. And sad. What a cutie!
Blake seems to be doing better and hasn't puked (knock on wood) since Saturday. We head back down to Iowa City for a regularly scheduled appointment on Thursday. Crossing my fingers that things go well.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I'm glad to hear Blake is doing better! The boys look great :)