Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The way I see it...

Adjusting
Please tell me that I am not alone when I make this statement: I hate the time change! Like really, really dislike it. I feel like it has thrown me for a loop more than any time change I can remember in the past.

My kids have actually adjusted surprisingly well. Those of you that have littles ones can relate that it can totally throw a wrench into your kids’ sleep and nap schedules.

Sunday night I just felt so off. The clock said 6:30 PM. It felt like it was at least 9:30 PM and I went in took a shower and put on my pajamas. Yes, all before 7 PM, just because it felt like the thing to do.

Monday morning I woke up and it was 5:15 AM, which for me and my stress-filled brain on a Monday morning isn’t that big of a deal. However, when 7:15 rolled around, I really felt like I was late for work and needed to hurry up.

I guess the hardest part for me is how early it gets dark. I don’t like it. It makes me kind of sad and grouchy when I come home from work and it’s almost dark or is dark and I can’t play outside with the kids or go for a walk. I’d rather have it be darker later in the morning. I’m not going to do anything before I go to work, but like to do things after.

Anyway, enough about that. Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be a ridiculous amount of Christmas commercials already on t.v.? Maybe I have selective memory (entirely possible), but I never remember this many this far before Thanksgiving. And, some people I know have already started Christmas shopping. We just got done with Halloween!

I love Thanksgiving. I think it’s a great holiday where you can reflect on what you’re really thankful for in your life. “Society” doesn’t allow us to do that though. They make a big whoop-de-do about Halloween and then skip right on over to Christmas, the biggest holiday of the year.

I know for retailers it’s all about the money, but it would just be nice if they could hold off on the Christmas trees in stores and advertisements on t.v. until at least a couple of weeks after Halloween. Now that is something I would really be thankful for, but that’s just the way I see it.

No comments: