Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Jenna's Conference

This morning, Aaron and I had Jenna's preschool conference. I don't know why, but I always get a little nervous wondering what the teacher will say.

No worries! Mrs. Randall said Jenna is a great listener (where is this at home?), well-liked (always a good thing) and is excelling academically (music to our ears!). Whew! A good report.

I know I say this frequently, but I really am amazed at all the things that they learn at preschool in the span of just 3 hours a day. From shapes to colors to numbers to cutting with scissors to learning about animals/holidays/the weather, etc., etc., etc.

I'm not going to get political, but I will say that it scares me to think about what might happen to the preschool programs in our state. Now that I'm a mom and have seen first-hand what preschool does, it's nothing short of amazing for these kids to jump start them into kindergarten. I hope the cuts the future governor talked about during the election don't happen, because I think that would be very detrimental to our education system in Iowa.

Anyway, we will go again for conferences in April, right before (sniff) kindergarten round-up. Hard to believe that will be here before we know it!

No comments: