Monday, August 19, 2013

Seven things...

1. I found the easiest recipe for simple ice cream!  Two ingredients.  Plus, whatever you want to add to it.  We did an oreo-butterfinger last week that was AMAZING.  For full directions you can click here.
 2. We went to the Iowa State Fair. Again!  I love it, I really do.  Saturday we met my dad and Linda there for round two.








 My Wisconsin born/Minnesota grown father was in heaven in the DNR building pointing out all the different kinds of fish to Jenna and Brody.
 3. I made some wall art for my office.  I like to get crafty, but I usually just don't have the time.  I bought this big canvas at Hobby Lobby and then we painted it.
After the paint dried, I cut out letters from the newspaper (because I work at the newspaper, get it?!  I'm clever like that. :)) I then modge-podged the letters on. 

 And the finished product looks like this!  I'm pretty happy about it.  I picked this quote because it pertains to a lot of things in my life, including taking the leap to be the editor at the paper, where I learned of my love for writing!
 4. School starts tomorrow.  I'm excited and sad.  Sad because it will be quiet around our house without Aaron, Jenna and Brody here.  Excited because I know that all three of them are ready for the new year and challenges it brings.

5. To go with number four, it's time to say good-bye to the summer list. :(  We didn't do too bad.  We missed a few things, but had a lot of fun, too!
6. This weekend we are participating in a 5K down by Iowa City.  It's to raise awareness for organ and tissue donation.  The guy who started the run actually needed a kidney and received one from his mom.  This race is like a tribute to her.  Pretty cool, huh?!  Also, our potential donor, Steph, will be there running her very first 5K!!!  We are so excited for her! :)

7.  Tomorrow is my 33rd birthday!  For the big day (ok, it's not really big since everybody will be at school, but anyway...) I'm going to run 3.3 miles.

I'm excited to see what year number 33 will bring.  I'm never one to dread my birthday.  I feel like we should be thankful that we are here for another year.  I always remember this..."Do not regret getting older. It is a privilege denied to many." 

Also, if I have to pick a motto for this year, I think it might be this:

1 comment:

Mary or Jerod said...

Hope your birthday was great! And you absolutely are always an inspiration- always positive and warm, so inviting. I'm so happy to have a friend like you in life!