Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Christmas...Part II

We finally had Christmas with my side of the family last weekend!  We decided to wait until after Jess and Mitch had Carter, so we could all see the new baby doll.  It was a short trip up to Cherokee.  Aaron had to ref Friday night so we were up on Saturday and home on Sunday.

We spent some time at Grandpa Larry's and the kids had a great time outside with the tractor and the wagon.  This was pre-cold front. :)
These two boys are going to be something.  No fear.  Either of them.  
Maddox might not be the best driver yet...

Tow rope to get back to the top of the hill.  Pretty genius actually.
And Uncle Mitch had to have a turn too. :)

We had Christmas at Jess and Mitch's house and to say the basement was overflowing with gifts was an understatement. We were definitely beyond spoiled.  Yes, even us big kids!
Uncle Mitch taking on the three oldest in a wrestle fest.
Baby Carter.  I'm in love.  Seriously.  It was so nice to snuggle with this cute little one.  He is definitely a keeper!
My sister is a mama!  How weird is that?!
Gift time was chaos time!  We just put all the Burdorf family gifts around this chair.  What a fiasco!  Blake was really into it and Bowen was too busy playing to open his gifts. 
Ready for some chilly outside play.
Jenna got this cute, sparkly hat from Aunt Mandy and Uncle Justin.


Loved this cool bowling ball turned Hawkeye decoration.
This face... :)

Mom and Bill with their gift from us - a collage from their wedding day.  I think they liked it.
Oh yeah...and my mom got me this:
What the heck?! In her defense, she thought I could wear it to dance marathon events that we have at Iowa State.  No worries, I'm still a Hawkeye!

It was a whirlwind trip and it was great to see everybody.  I guess Christmas is officially over for another year, so I can probably take down our Christmas stockings that I still have hanging at our house...ha!

No comments: