Friday, December 3, 2010

The way I see it...2 wks ago

Another Blessing on the Way
At this time of Thanksgiving, it makes me realize that I have a lot to be thankful for.
I know that sometimes life gets crazy and I feel (as I’m sure some of you sometimes do) that your life stinks, maybe just due to the fact that you’re having a bad day. I always take a second to look at all the good I have in my life and feel thankful. There are certainly many people in this world who don’t have a roof over their head or food on their table or our struggling with a life-threatening illness. When I think of those things, I realize that I don’t have things too bad.

One of the biggest blessings I would like to share with you all is that the Burdorf family is going to be expanding. We have a third baby on the way, due at the end of April, and couldn’t be more excited! I’ve endured a lot of sickness this time around, but I keep it in the back of my mind that it’s all for a good cause - a fifth member of our family. I’m sure I will have much more to say on this topic as the months progress.

I also need to retract a little of what I said last week. My mom read my article and was not a happy camper with me. I should have pointed out the fact that my mom is what I would call a “color-themed” tree decorator. This means, every few years she changes up the decorations on her tree for a color-scheme of choice. Currently, she has an amber/rust colored theme going on.

After she read the article she was quick to point out that this is indeed fall colors and she put up her tree, with only the amber-colored lights (no decorations!) because of the fall and Thanksgiving. Mom, you have my deepest apologies. I also have to say that your tree is gorgeous and I love it.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and can get to where you need to go (or your relatives can get to you). Hopefully the snow stays away and makes for good travel weather. We’ll keep our fingers crossed! Enjoy your families, eat some turkey, watch some football and relax. Count your blessings and have a very Happy Thanksgiving, but that’s just the way I see it.

No comments: