Friday, September 24, 2010

Brody's Vocabulary

Brody and I got to hang out yesterday (just the two of us, a rarity) and the kid amazed me not once, but twice.

Instance number one: We were reading a Dora the Explorer book about careers and there were things you had to find on every page. We got to the animal rescuer page and I told him to find the cheetah. He looked at me and said, "Mommy, that's not a cheetah." I asked him what it was and he said, "It's a jaguar." I couldn't believe that a two-year-old knew what a jaguar was, but I was impressed.

Instance number two: I was making some chicken spaghetti for supper and Brody was eating a few leftover pieces out of the bowl. I didn't want it to ruin his supper, so I told him to get out of the bowl. He turned at me with big blue eyes and food all over his face and said, "But mommy...it's dewishous (delicious)." I just love that boy! He cracks me up and is on his way to a very extensive vocabulary I think. :)

No comments: