Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The way I see it...

Ahhhh...Minnesota!
I had a great Memorial Day weekend! As I said last week, my husband and I had tickets for the Twins game on Saturday afternoon. I had heard from friends that Target Field was an amazing place, so I was expecting great things.

It didn’t disappoint! Just pulling off the exit and in the distance it looked cool, then we pulled up next to it and I was so excited. We walked in and I was just in awe over how gorgeous it was.

I wasn’t expecting to have that sort of reaction since I kept thinking, well, they’re still the Twins, my favorite team, like it’s going to make a difference if they’re in the Dome or outside. Silly, silly me! It did make a difference. Yay for outdoor baseball!

During batting practice they even let you get down close to the field (they didn’t in the Dome) to get autographs, take pictures (that was me!) or just watch. It was just really fan-friendly and I can’t wait to take the kids there someday.

The Twins got down early and then rallied at the end to win, which always makes every game that much better.

After the game, I was ready to pick-up and move to the Cities, just so I could be a season ticket holder, I loved it that much. Don’t worry, my opinion quickly changed when we had to drive back through all that traffic. Not that I couldn’t drive in it, but who actually would WANT to drive in that mess everyday? Not this small town girl!

Even if you’re not a Twins fan, but just a fan of baseball, make the trip up North. You are in for a treat!

Sunday was another gorgeous day and we took the time to go down to the Mississippi River and to Lake City (think Rochester area) and just walk around their marina looking at all the boats. I always love to see the big boats and see the clever and creative names that people come up with for their boats.

It’s such a different lifestyle up in Minnesota. You probably have caught on to the fact that we go up there alot, but that’s because my dad’s entire side of his family lives in Minnesota. It never ceases to amaze me how many people have boats and it’s just the “thing” to do on weekends. They love boating, fishing, jet skiing and water skiing and it’s just how they spend their time.

I always go through that water withdrawal feeling when I’m up there. I saw people fishing and I wanted to be out on a boat with nothing to do all day except wait for a fish to bite. I feel like I never slow down enough to just enjoy my day doing almost nothing anymore. I decided that I am going fishing this summer and I’m taking the kiddos. I can hardly wait!

As for now, it’s back to reality, but that’s just the way I see it.

No comments: