Monday, December 22, 2008

Where's the pause button?

It's funny because when I was the editor at the paper I would have a weekly column that was called, "The Way I See It." I would write about just random things, like what was going on in my life, current events, local events, my opinions, etc. Well, it's been a few months since I've written one, but if I was still at the paper, I would write something sort of like this:

Isn't it funny how when you're little you can't wait for Christmas to come? You always look at the calendar or bug your parents about when you can open gifts or when Santa Claus is coming. Now that I'm older I want to slow down Christmas. Funny how that happens, isn't it? We're two days away from Christmas Eve as I write this and I just want to hit the pause button.

I want to enjoy the Christmas songs, baking, movies, family time, and most importantly that look of pure excitement in Jenna's eyes when we do something together. She was so excited to put tape on the gifts we were wrapping the other day I couldn't help but smile.

I guess what I'm getting at it this. As you get older things change. Time really does fly by, especially when you have kids. I'm learning to enjoy every single moment, because these little Christmas things that we do will be the things that my kids will probably remember as our family's traditions years from now, but that's just the way I see it.

1 comment:

Mandy Hunecke said...

I can't believe I didn't comment on this post... I am ridiculous!

Anyway, I am glad that you are taking the time to sit and enjoy things. It is funny how we do wish there was a pause button because time really does fly doesn't it. I think you should write more of the "way you see it!"