Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas - Our highlights & lowlights

We had a memorable Christmas and decided to make a list of some of the things we'll remember. Here goes:
1. Pink eye and puking: Both kids got pink eye before we left, and Aaron and I managed not to get it ourselves. It wouldn't be a road trip without Jenna getting carsick! We made it to just outside of Correctionville before Jenna got that 'I'm going to be sick' look on her face.
2. Forgotten presents: Aaron realized we accidentally left half of our presents at home when we got to Sioux City. We grabbed the presents from the basement, but not the ones under the tree. DUH!
3. FOGGY! We drove a total of six hours on Friday from Cherokee to Swea City and back in some really foggy weather. It kind of sucked because we drove six hours and only stayed for three. Oh well, it was nice to see everybody, if only for a short time.
4. "Mama" - Brode Man finally said it! He was sad that I left the room, was crying and wanted his, "mama." I didn't hear it, but Aaron and Jill did. Luckily, he said it again the next day and it is becoming more frequent.
5. Stuffing overboard - Mandy and I had a good laugh when we were trying to transfer the stuffing from the pan to the tupperware container and Mandy wasn't really ready when I scooped and it went ALL OVER the floor.
6. Jess declares that beef comes from a pig!!!

I'll post some pictures later...

1 comment:

Mandy Hunecke said...

Forgot to comment on the stuffing fiasco!!! I came back to work the following week and tried to tell the story and my coworkers just didn't think it was as funny as we did.... Do you think it had anything to do with the wine we had been drinking? lol