Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The latest...

We did have a big "happening" on Monday.  We got moved from the PICU to a regular room!!  This is awesome.  This is a step in the right direction.  This is a little bit closer to HOME.  As I write this, we are on day 15 in Iowa City and there is no place I would rather be in the whole world right now than HOME. 

I miss normalcy.  I miss all the laundry I have to do.  I miss making lunch for the kids in the morning. I miss my bed.  I miss cooking my own food.  I miss my hubby and my kiddos.  I just miss it.

We heard from the nephrologist, Dr. Brophy, yesterday about his plan.  He would like to have us to the Ronald McDonald House by the weekend.  Stay there for a few days (ish) so we're close for labs and monitoring and then go home.  However, as I got to thinking about it, I'm a little worried about his feeds.  He has a new kidney that needs a lot of fluids and we just aren't quite there yet with his feeds since he still gets about half of his nutrition via his IV.

Our dietician came in this morning and I asked her what she thought and she said she isn't on board with the plan.  Susan would rather us stay through the weekend and then just be able to go home.  So...yep.  A lot still up in the air, but I'm glad people are thinking about us going home. ;)

Good news:
-Blood pressure has stayed stable in the range they want it
-Creatinine has been 0.3 or 0.4, which is perfect.
-He is super thirsty and requesting a "drink".  This has never happened before and it's so exciting!
-Two drains have been removed and his foley catheter. 

I'm debating on posting some graphic photos of what Blake has going on.  I find it fascinating, but it might not be for the weak of stomach. ;)   I will be sure to warn you if they are graphic in advance!



No comments: