Monday, July 16, 2012

North Mankato Fun Days

The weekend after the 4th of July, we headed up to see my brother, Mandy and Maddox in Mankato.  My dad and Linda also headed up there, so it was nice to see most of the family!  North Mankato was having their fun days celebration really close to the Hunecke's house, so it worked out nicely.

My brother was in full host mode.  He's the only person I know that would put his grilling supplies in a tool box... :)
Maddox is getting so big!!  He is super chatty and just hilarious!  Jenna and Brody had so much fun playing with their cousin.
We got up there on Friday and grilled out and were joined by our friends, Scott and Lisa.  Saturday was the big parade.  I'm not kidding!  It was two hours long, but it was such a great parade it didn't feel long at all.  Bonus:  The cold front was moving through Minnesota, so it was only in the 80s.

Justin, Mandy and Maddox (who didn't want to look at Aunt Jamie):
Another big - this shopping cart.  This thing was huge, I couldn't resist a picture.
After the parade, we put the babies down for their nap at home and I headed back to the park for rides.

Mandy decided that we should ride this ride called 1,000 Nights.  I thought it looked like a ride I used to ride at Valleyfair back in the day, so I went with her.
It wasn't like that ride at all.  I hate rides!!!  I literally screamed my head off the entire time.  I was convinced I was going to die.  UGH.  Anyway, I was screaming, Mandy was laughing and the guy next to me in the orange kept talking and telling me how much he loved this ride.  It was an experience. :)

After rides, we headed back for some backyard fun!  The three oldest loved the pool!
The downer on Saturday was that Blake wasn't feeling the best.  He was a little dehydrated and just kind of cranky.  Poor kid.
We played bags.  It's a Mankato must.  My brother made these Hawkeye ones.
Scott and Lisa came back on Saturday!  Scott had his hands full...literally...with the twins. :)
Maddox decided to go swimming in his tighty whities.  Hahaha!
Bowen loved this 4-wheeler.  He really loved it when he pushed the button and it went on it's own.  Doesn't he look ornery?!
Two weekends in a row with family!  Thanks to the Hunecke's for having us!  Tons of fun!

No comments: