Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Garden - Take One!

Well, the Burdorf household has decided to try and have a mini-garden this summer. I am so excited! I have wanted to have a garden since we got married, but it never really worked out. Oddly enough, we were in some store in February and Aaron found a tomato and pepper starter kit and decided we should give it a try. We had to spade up a small portion of our backyard, but I'm hoping it's worth it.

We planted our seeds in late February/early March and have loved watching them grow. I think Aaron and I are just as excited as the kids! So, in addition to the tomato and pepper plants I scored us some strawberry plants. I had to interview a guy about the State Center Farmer's Market, he mentioned that he was thinning out his strawberry plants, offered to just give me some, and now we have strawberry plants! I TRIED to plant some spinach/lettuce, but the Brody MONSTER has pretty much messed that up, so I doubt anything will grow.

Jenna is in charge of watering the plants in front of the house.

Strawberry plants - with blossoms!
Tomatoes


Brody DROWING the strawberries! :)

I can't wait to see what grows (hopefully SOMETHING does) throughout the summer. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: