Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Daycare Bully

We've been dealing with a bit of an issue at our daycare lately. We take the kids to an in-home daycare just outside of State Center.

Lately, we've been dealing with one of the other kids basically beating up on Brody all the time. He's about six months older and is (according to our baby-sitter) a bully to all of the kids who are younger than him.

Our baby-sitter is really frustrated and feels so bad. A few months back, it was biting. Brody had bite marks a couple of times on his arm from the kid. Now, we've moved on to scratching. Brody had a scratch by his eye that had almost healed. Yesterday, I picked him up and his eye was puffy and kind of bruised with another huge scratch right under his eye.

Mommy-mode kind of kicked in and I got really mad. If it would have been a couple of times here and there, I can handle that, but it's getting a little ridiculous. I know that in a couple of months it could be my kid that's the bully, but it's very annoying and frustrating for me right now.

Brody and I had a little chat about him sticking up for himself and I told him to take the kid out wrestling style and maybe he'd get left alone. :) (Yes, I know that's probably not very good parenting to promote violence!)

3 comments:

Brooke Stevens said...

Take him down Brody!!!! That biting thing stinks. I know we have alot of biting going on at our daycare too. I am glad Camden never went through that stage(he was the one that was always bit!) and I am hoping Maeci will never be a biter!
Hang in there! Hopefully Brody knocks him down and that will be the end of the other kid picking on him! You try to teach your kids to not do those things but when it comes to this I would tell my kids the same thing!

Angie Brooker said...

As the mother of a habitual biter... I'd give Brody the green light to retaliate. :) There is no better medicine for a biter than being bitten. Kenna has been pretty good since getting a nice set of teeth marks on her arm. I don't mean to make light of the situation because I know how pissed I'd be if my kid came home with marks on a regular basis. That being said, I know from experience that it is also very hard (embarrassing) to be the biter's parents! I keep hoping that it's 'just a stage.'

Mandy Hunecke said...

aww poor Brode Man, hopefully he can take him down and teach him a lesson!!