Monday, March 2, 2009

Road trip west

This afternoon the kids and I are heading to Cherokee and Sioux City. My dad has had some major problems with his hip/back and some days he can barely walk. So, they're going to do some surgery on his back in Sioux City and see if they can relieve some of the pain. My brother is meeting us in Cherokee tonite and Jess and Mitch are helping out from Thursday through the weekend.

I'm slightly nervous about the road trip. I haven't taken both kids by myself for over an hour drive. Three hours makes me a little uneasy, especially with Jenna's bladder and Brode wanting to eat. Hopefully all goes well and I'll keep you up-to-date on the surgery.

1 comment:

Amy Hoyer said...

Good luck with the car ride-- It is always interesting traveling with 2 kids... Hope things get better for your dad too..