Thursday, March 5, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

The kids and I rolled into State Center about 1:30 PM this afternoon. Although we had a good time seeing the family, it is always nice to be home.

The trip wasn't too bad minus Jenna puking all over TWICE on the way there!! She never tells you that she's going to puke she just gets really quiet and gets this look on her face and you just know she's going to be sick. Problem was, with me driving and her directly behind me, I couldn't see her face. We went through two outfits just to get to Sioux City. I didn't really get too worked up about it, I just felt really bad for Jenna.

The way home went much better, probably because: A. The trip from Cherokee is 45 minutes shorter. B. She slept for an hour during the ride. C. We stopped and had lunch in Fort Dodge, so we were out of the van for awhile. D. I gave her some motion sickness medicine! :)

5 comments:

Scott Nelsen said...

poor kid, hope she is feeling better...have the rescheduled surgery yet?

Aaron Burdorf said...

It's going to be March 31st. :)

Scott Nelsen said...

What a perfect way to celebrate my parent's anniversary!

:) Tournament time for the Mavericks...

Mandy Hunecke said...

I can totally relate to little miss Jenna... It totally stinks when you are sick in the car. BOO!

Kimberly said...

Our girls get carsick too and when they let it go...it is all over!!!! And then Tyson smells is and says he's going to puke, which leaves me to clean it up by myself!