Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our busy weekend/Monday

Whew! I am so glad it's Tuesday because we had a busy weekend at our house. Saturday I spent up in Cedar Falls at my first ever photography seminar. I was a little intimidated going in since I figured everything would be way over my head, but it wasn't. It was really fun to hear new ideas and I had a great time, although I was gone a good chunk of the day and didn't get home until after 9 PM.

Sunday brought the dreaded end-of-the-year basketball banquet. They are obsessed with these things at West Marshall! It's a potluck, the coaches talk, the seniors give speeches, hand out awards, the coaches talk some more. Boring! Plus, the coaches and their families sit in front of everyone and it's hard to keep the kids still for that long. Jenna, Brody and I headed into the gym and played with the basketballs and that was way more fun.

Monday I had to be on the road at 7:30 AM for the final day of the seminar. That's pretty early to get the kids up and out to daycare, but they were really good. The best part of the day was that...I won $500 cash at the seminar!!! It was the grand prize and my name was the very last one to be pulled out. I was just a little excited! :)

From there we had to head down to Des Moines for the boys' first round state tourney game, which was at 8:15 PM. Just our luck we'd play the late game. Although the guys lost to Hull, they played really well. After the game, I had a tough time interviewing the players and coach because they were all crying and I wanted to cry with them! I'm such a pansy like that, but I know how bad they feel that they're seniors and their high school careers are over. Anyway, we didn't get home until after 11 PM and I had to get the story done, so by the time my head hit the pillow it was after midnight. (REALLY late for me!)

I think the rest of the week looks good and there's nothing going on. Jenna's birthday is Saturday, so she's really excited for that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie--Jason did tell me he saw you. Small world huh? Way to go winning the grand prize!

Kimberly said...

Go shopping!!!!!