Tuesday, October 15, 2013

It was a good one.

Do you ever have those weekends where you just think, that was a really, really good weekend?  We had one of those last weekend.  I think it was due to the fact that the weather was insanely gorgeous and we spent a huge chunk of our time outside.  Perfect.

Friday night we went to the Fall Festival uptown.  The kids had a blast.  A hay rack ride.  Free caramel apples.  A bounce house.  Face painting.  They loved it.  We capped off the night with a West Marshall win on the football field!
As he has in the past, Aaron ran the grain cart for our friend, Jay, on Saturday.  About mid-morning, I hauled all the kids out and we split up and had kiddos both in the combine and the grain cart.  We even had lunch in the field, which is always fun for the kids.  

Can I also tell you that Jay let (pretty much made) me drive the combine?!  I did maybe like 3/4 of a pass and I was cussing like a sailor.  I do that when I'm nervous.  All I could think about was messing up and tons of corn going all over.  AHH!!  Anyway, not my finest moment, but I think I did ok.  And, I can say I drove a combine now! ;)
 
 When we got done with lunch we headed home because I had a family photo shoot in the afternoon.  Luckily, the family didn't have a problem with me hauling the kids to their place with me.  I think we got some good shots.  They had a tire swing and Jenna and Brody didn't want to leave!
 Since we had already been in the field and outside at the photo shoot, I decided we'd head just outside of town to get our pumpkins. 
 The people that own it are the BEST.  Seriously.  They are so good and patient with the kids.  They have animals and they let them check out all of them, answered their questions and let them help feed them.  Blake and Bowen were willing the sheep and horses to come closer (below)...

 Brody dropped the apple in to the chickens and ducks and then decided that was a bad idea and tried to get it back out.  I'm quite certain if we had chickens Brody would take care of them all by himself.  He was all about those chickens.
 Blake is so leery of unknown things.  However, he loves those animals.  He doesn't have any fear.  Maybe it's because they are on his level?!  I'm not sure, but I like what I see. 

 And Mr. Bowen.  He is all about the cats.  Blake was holding a small orange kitten that escaped, so they caught this much bigger cat that Bowen declared, "HEAVY!"
 Sunday brought more time in the tractor for Aaron and the two oldest.  I took the twins to Ames for groceries.  That was exhausting!  Have I told you they refuse to ride in the cart.  It's not the funnest of times these days. 

I captured this photo of Bowen running through the leaves as the sun was starting to set. 
Story time and cuddles to end our weekend.  My favorite. 
I hope you all are having a great week!

No comments: