Thursday, September 26, 2013

Transplant Date

Long time, no blog.  I've just been waiting patiently until I had something set in stone to tell you.  Finally...I do!

Remember in this blog I told you how we were going to have his bladder surgery first and then hemo dialysis (6-8 weeks in Iowa City ) and then transplant?  Well, guess what?  NEW PLAN!!

The urologist and our transplant surgeon talked at length and decided that we would do the surgeries together.  That means at the same time.  Like on the same day.  I know, it seems like a lot of surgery.  Yes, I'm nervous.  But, yes, I trust them.  There were several reason for doing it this way that made a lot of sense and once everything was explained to me, I now feel better about things.

After a lot of coordinating schedules and OR's and all that good stuff, we finally got a call that surgery has been set.  Tuesday, November 5th!!  We will go and be admitted first thing on Monday, November 4th. 

So, now we have a date and something to plan for which  is nice.  And, also, if I'm being honest, scary.  A date makes everything real.  I know it was real before, but you know what I mean.

For now, I just plan like a crazy mom and think of a million things I need to get ready between now and then and hope and pray we all can stay healthy! 

 

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Great news! Sending good vibes your way and hope everything goes well!

Mary or Jerod said...

I'm so ecstatic for the Burdorf family! I wish I could be there at the game tomorrow night so we could chat about it, we'll have to get everyone together soon. Maybe next week?

Jessica said...

That is such great news! Prayers for an easy and successful surgery!