Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving 2011. I think it's definitely safe to say that this year more than any other year our family is SO GRATEFUL and SO THANKFUL for what we have. It's hard to believe that a year ago we had no idea we were having twins, let alone the journey and challenges that we have faced since last April. We have so much to be thankful for and are so very blessed!!

We headed to Omaha for a couple of days to spend time with Adam, Jill, Addy and Aubrey. Frank and Linda also made the trip from Sioux City. Adam had to work for part of the day, so we just took it easy and enjoyed each other's company.

Here's Jill, the hostess with the mostess! She did awesome with the Thanksgiving meal!
Grandma and Grandpa with the twins
Our niece Aubrey. She's adorable. Blue eyes. Wild curly hair.
Not only that, she has good style. How cute are these shoes for a 1-year old?!
I read on a blog somewhere this week that everybody needs to make sure they take a family picture over Thanksgiving. Don't worry if everybody is not perfect. Or you all don't match. Or not everybody is looking directly at the camera. This is just you. In the moment. I LOVED this idea.

Soooo.....Here we are with our families. After a long day of Thanksgiving. After a big meal. After playing outside. After we put our sweats on. After pie. After naps.
Adam, Jill, Addy and Aubrey
And all six of us. I love Bowen's serious face. I love that Jenna has costume jewelry on. I love that Brody is smiling but not looking at the camera. I love how much Blake looks like Brody. I love how I'm leaning into the picture awkwardly like I tend to do. I love how Aaron is ridiculously photogenic like he always is.
I am so thankful for Aaron. There is no way I would have made it through this past year without him. He is my rock and always assures me that everything is going to be ok and will work out for the better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos from a great Thanksgiving Day. We enjoyed every minute of it.