Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The way I see it...

Summer Slow Down
It’s almost the end of July!! When the heck did that happen? Like I do every summer, I find myself once again wishing the summer would slow down. Or, maybe it’s that I wish my summer was a little less busy. I always know that once I turn the calendar to August, school is here before I know it. People really aren’t kidding when they say that the years go by faster as you get older and when you have kids.

We finished up the baseball season, which always makes me sad. There is really nothing I can think of that I enjoy more than sitting at a ballgame on a summer night. I thought life would slow down a little bit, but it hasn’t.

My daughter is attending the West Marshall Bible Camp put on by St. Paul Lutheran and United Methodist Churches here in State Center. I’m helping out preparing snacks every night, so both my daughter and I have five busy nights in a row. It’s great to see so many kids out there!
Did I mention that we also have swimming lessons going on and have a four day tumbling class next week? I guess that puts the kabosh on anything for the next couple of weeks. The first week in August my husband is coaching in an All-Star game, so cross another weekend off the calendar.

As you can see, I’m probably not going to be headed on any vacations this summer. I guess my trip to Target Field over Memorial Day weekend was my big adventure for the summer. It’s just one of those things when you have a newspaper editor married to a baseball coach - life gets crazy-busy in the summer!

On a happy/excited note, I just got a call from my cousins that live in Wisconsin and they want to come down for a week in August and stay with me. I’m so excited because I only get to see them a few times a year. We usually make a trip to northwest Wisconsin during the summer, but since we haven’t, I guess they’re bringing the vacation to me!

I hope you all have a chance to relish these last few days of summer vacation because Fall will be here before we know it, but that’s just the way I see it.

No comments: