Friday, April 16, 2010

The way I see it...

Defensive Driving
Do you get nervous when you’re out on the road driving? I do. We were on the road again last weekend for a family wedding in Minnesota and I was completely freaked out about what I was seeing as I passed cars on I-35.

People were texting and driving. People were talking on the phone and smoking. People were trying to eat and talk on the phone. I wouldn’t have really noticed except we were coming up behind cars and you could see them going over the center line and than back the other way over the other line.

My husband would pass them and I was so nervous! I told him to go fast so we weren’t right beside him for a long period of time. I’m the type of person when I drive that is ready to slow down if I don’t think somebody’s going to stop at an intersection. I’m totally a nervous nelly.
These cell phones though. I’m guilty of driving and talking, but I do not text. Looking down and trying to text, taking your eyes off of the road, it’s just not a good situation.

Another thing with cell phones I wonder...what did we ever do without them? When I go on my next trip I’m going to count the number of people that aren’t on their phones. It seems we can’t drive and not talk to somebody.

Every other week I go to Iowa Falls to pick-up the paper and I have to admit I love my time alone. I crank up the radio or just enjoy the peace and quiet as I seldom get it. I guess we just need to use a little common sense when it comes to cell phones, but that’s just the way I see it.

No comments: