Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Kick the Couch!

Last weekend we headed up to Mankato so I could participate in the "Kick the Couch 5K." The 5K was a fundraiser for LEEP, the organization that my sister-in-law Mandy works for. They were raising money for the Special Olympics and I was happy to help out.

We were a little nervous that it was going to be raining, but the weather held out and we didn't even get sprinkled on. Aaron and the kids, Justin, and my friend Scott were all their to cheer us on.


The three 5K-ers - Mandy, Jamie, and Lisa

The kids got a little chilly during the race.
I was so nervous to run because I hadn't been training like I should have (i.e. I was a bit of a slacker) and I ended up running all 3.1 miles! I was so excited and felt a great sense of accomplishment!

Me. Dying. Out of Breath. SOOOOO HAPPY to cross that finish line!
A family photo op after the race.
It made me so happy that they were all their showing their support. Jenna told me good job on "winning" and she wants to be my "running pal" someday. That just melted my mommy heart! :)
For more photos, head over to the Hunecke blog. Mandy also has some cute pics of the kids in this post of them at the playground.




1 comment:

The Burdorf's said...

Congrats Jame! Can't hardly wait to get running again:)