Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rose Festival

We had a busy few days over the weekend. For those of you that don't know, State Center is the Rose Capital of Iowa and the third weekend in June is always a 3-day celebration known as the Rose Festival.

Friday nite Aaron was supposed to have a baseball game, but they got rained out. It was nice because usually Aaron does nothing during the Rose Festival except hang out at the baseball field, so he got to enjoy a little bit of it Friday nite. We went to the chili cook-off and they also had a BBQ contest, so they gave away free samples of ribs (yum!). Friday I had a slow-pitch game, which we lost!

Saturday, I did my run at 7:30 AM and then had to hustle over to another slow pitch game at 9 AM. My dad came down and helped me watch the kids and for that I was grateful! We won our game and then headed to the baseball game. The Trojans had a rough weekend, to say the least, but we're hoping they bounce back this weekend. Then it was another game for me and then another game for Aaron (do you see a pattern?).

Saturday nite we had a sitter come over and we went uptown to listen to the band. It was actually Greg (my boss's) classmates from 1979. They rocked! They played some good 70's music and I enjoyed it.

Sunday for Father's Day we did...absolutely nothing! Literally. And, that's how Aaron liked it. We all took naps in the afternoon and tried to stay out of the heat. Naptime=perfect day in Aaron's world!! :)

1 comment:

Scott Nelsen said...

aaron...naps...what?