Sunday, June 28, 2009

Berry Patch

On Saturday we were baseball-free and I realized that we hadn't made a trip to the Berry Patch in Nevada yet this summer. It was the last day for strawberries so I "surprised" Aaron with the news that we were going on a family outing. He was thrilled! :)

I think it's a great time to go and pick your own berries because they're so fresh and taste so much better than anything you can get in a store. Aaron admitted it wasn't as bad as he was expecting and Jenna was a good helper too! Although, I did catch her stealing strawberries from my box and putting them in her bucket once in awhile. :) Brody spent half the time in the wagon and the other half eating my strawberries.

On Sunday Jenna and I made homemade jam. Jenna was the "masher" of the strawberries and I will say she did an excellent job! Here are some pictures from the Berry Patch:

Aaron and Jenna finding some berries.
Brody eating my hard work!
Jenna chowing down.
All finished!
How good do those look? We ended up picking about 7 lbs of berries!

1 comment:

Brooke Stevens said...

Yummy..they look so good!!!