Monday, June 8, 2009

Baseball-Free Weekend

We just enjoyed three whole days at our house without baseball. That is a rarity this time of year! Friday was an off night and then Aaron's tournament got cancelled on Saturday because we got some rain (although not much), and of course there was nothing on Sunday.

Sunday seemed to be the day we had the most "excitement." I did a bunch of housework and cleaned out Brody's closet in the morning, while Aaron and Jenna went to Marshalltown to get some diapers and tubs for the clothes.


So, we had this thing stuck to our shutter on the second story of our house. We have a REALLY tall house, so from the ground it looked like a wasp's nest. Well, I looked out the window from the guest bedroom and it was a small bat! I about freaked out because even though it was dead, I swear it was still looking at me. Aaron and I tried to get it unstuck from the shutter (it got it's wing caught) but to no avail. So, we ended up hosing the heck out of it until it finally came down. DISGUSTING!!!

We also got the sprinkler out and let the kids play in it. They were so cute! Jenna even managed to get Aaron in his swimsuit too and run through the sprinkler.


I somehow got roped into playing on a slow pitch softball team for the Rose Festival, so we had practice on Sunday. I was so nervous because I had never played before, but I did just fine. Less than two weeks before our tournament!

No comments: