Monday, June 22, 2009

My 5K

I am happy to report that after a couple months of training, I did my first ever 5K. Every year they have one for the Rose Festival, so for some reason I thought I should try to run it this year. I don't know where that came from, since I don't really like running...at all.

Anyway, it was hard, but I did it!! It was so humid and I felt like I couldn't catch my breath from the get-go, so that was a struggle. My goals were to finish it under 35 minutes and not walk at all. I did both, finishing in 32:05. I realize I didn't break any speed records, but I'm still proud of myself for doing it.

A big thanks to my family and friends for their encouragement and checking in on me on race day. That meant a lot to me!!!

1 comment:

The Burdorf's said...

Congrats Jaime! That is great!