Monday, June 1, 2009

Cherokee Weekend

Saturday morning we headed up to see my mom in Cherokee. When we got there her, Jenna, and I headed to Storm Lake so I could get my hair chopped off. I'm pretty sudden when it comes to my hair, but I like it so much better!

When we got back we went to the Cherokee Rodeo parade. It was a pretty long parade and in the middle, they stopped throwing candy, so Jenna didn't like that too much! It was good though because they had horses and tractors, two things Jenna loves.

I also had a bit of a "moment" at the parade (Mandy this reminds me of your movie theatre incident). These 12-13 year-olds were sitting about 10 feet away from us and when they'd throw candy over by us during the parade, they would come and grab most of it away from Jenna. I didn't say anything because she was still getting some. However, I looked over at them a little later and they were taking their candy and throwing it at people in the parade when they weren't looking. Sooooo, that really annoyed me that they were stealing candy from my 3 YEAR OLD to throw at people. So, I asked Aaron for a piece of candy and threw it at them when they were getting ready to throw some more. When it hit them they looked pretty stunned. I nicely told them that if they didn't want their candy they could quit stealing from my 3-year old! Needless to say, they behaved the rest of the parade.

Anyway, after some quality time with my mom on Saturday and Sunday, we headed back and stopped at Jess' in Fort Dodge and met my dad there and hung out for a little while and caught up with each other.

Here are some pictures from the parade:
Jenna and Grandma Jo
Getting ready for the parade to start.
Horses, horses, everywhere...
Brode Man looking WAY too big!

No comments: