Monday, January 5, 2009

You know you're in Minnesota when...

We spent last weekend in Minnesota for our fifth (and final!) Christmas. Whew! What a holiday season! We headed up to my grandparents in Hastings Friday afternoon and drove back home on Sunday in some pretty crappy, icy conditions.
Anyway, everytime we go up there I think, you just know you're in Minnesota. Here are some obvious choices for my list:
1. You get into town and kids are playing hockey, just like we would a pick-up basketball game.
2. The weather guy's name first name is Sven.
3. The accents! And yes, you do have them.
4. No matter what the conditions, the weather people go OUTSIDE to do the weather.

That's what so cool about Minnesooooooodah!

4 comments:

Mandy Hunecke said...

hey now, what do you mean we have accents? what is that all aboot? ;)

Scott Nelsen said...

don't knock sven... he is my weekend weather man... KARE 11 is the best (and they were the first to be outdoors for their weather forecast.

Aaron Burdorf said...

Mandy--you as an Iowan had an accent, even before you moved to Kaaaatoh.
Scott--I love Sven too! What a name and he looks like he's 12! I used to watch KARE 11 all the time when we lived in Armstrong.

Mandy Hunecke said...

I just saw what you wrote about me having an accent... I had an accent BEFORE we moved? Wow I suck! lol