Thursday, January 15, 2009

Frozen

On the coldest day in 10 years, I woke up and started my usual morning routine. When I went to brush my teeth and turned on the water...nothing. No cold water at all. I checked the hot and that came out (the water that was in the hot water heater). Aaron checked it out and said we either probably had a frozen pipe or a water main break. So, at 7 AM I called our landlords and they were over there by 8:30 AM with the City and they figured out the problem. Luckily, it was just frozen by where it came into the house and Curt, our landlord, had it thawed out within a couple of hours. Thankfully, it was not as bad as it could have been and hopefully they got the problem fixed. I was totally freaking out about not being able to take a shower!

1 comment:

Mandy Hunecke said...

icky!! that happened to us last winter right after we moved into our place in GC. NOT fun so I feel for you! Glad you got it fixed!!