Monday, September 22, 2008

Our weekend



What a beautiful weekend! The weather was gorgeous and it was a great end to summer. The Burdorf family didn't do anything too exciting this weekend, but it was nice to just relax since we don't get to do that too often.
Friday night Aaron and I went to the West Marshall football game, while the kids stayed with one of our friends. The game was kind of boring, but WM won.
Saturday was a typical fall Saturday in our house. FOOTBALL! And, if you read Aaron's blog, some baseball too. Unfortunately, the Hawkeyes lost to Pitt. :( I won't even get started on why the coaches decided to put Christensen back in the game, but whatever, I'm not the coach. Aaron was SOOOOOOO excited that the Cubs won. Do you have any idea how annoying it is when my team (the Twins) haven't made the play-offs yet and I have to listen to my husband make fun of me? I guess my fellow Twins fan, Brody, and I will just have to keep singing the, "We're Gonna Win Twins" song and maybe that will bring us some luck!
Sunday was our typical get groceries and do laundry day. In addition, we spent awhile outside in the afternoon enjoying the day and doing yardwork. Mowed the lawn, moved some bricks, pulled some weeds, went to the library.... It was just one of those days you don't want to end because it's so nice out!
Oh, I also put out all my Halloween and fall decorations. It is by far my favorite time of the year and it gets me so excited to put out that stuff.

No comments: