Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ok, really have to do this...

Ok, well if we are going to have a blog I suppose I should put stuff on here sometimes.  As you can see Jamie did her first blog last night.  It is funny because I blog on the Des Moines Register sometimes and I showed her that I did that and now she has a sign in for that too.  

I hope everyone got Jamie's email with the pics of the kids, they are growing up so fast!  Like Jamie said Jenna is something else.  She is bossy and sassy but she is a lot of fun!  She loves to dance around the house and tries to get Brod Man to laugh.  Brod Man is really starting to get around and we are going to have our hands full when he does start crawling.

The school year is off to a fast start as we are already to week five and sent out midterms yesterday.  My 7th grade class is really, really low this year.  I have never had kids with 30 or 40% grades in my class and this year I have like 20!  We knew this going in but it always seems the 6th grade teachers make it out to be worse than what it really  will be, not this year!

As most of you know, Jamie isn't working at the paper anymore, she is working for a local photographer and is also freelance writing for a different newspaper.  The new newspaper guy is horrible at publishing and putting together a newspaper!  I, along with most people I know, really miss Jamie's paper!  For not knowing anything about the business before she started she put a lot of hard work into it and did a great job!  I miss it too because I liked writing some of the sports articles.  As much as Jamie will hate it, I will still write my own baseball stories or I won't have him cover me at all.  He is a terrible writer and I won't have my program under his scrutiny, he writes his own opinion into stories and makes up stuff that never happened-- not going to happen with baseball.

The one good thing about Jamie not at the paper is that we will have more time to get away during the holiday season so it will be good to see many of  you for longer than a few hours.  I am sure I will have many a story come Christmas time about our basketball season, we could be in for a long winter.

No comments: