Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween 2016

Halloween 2016 is in the books!  What a beautiful night for trick-or-treating.  I was telling the kids about the big snow storm in 1991 where we got 15 inches of snow.  LUCKILY, that wasn't the case. :)

I really, really wanted the kids to be the Ghostbusters because I think this might be Jenna's last year trick-or-treating.  They didn't buy it though and each chose their own thing.  If you all know me, you know I am not a big store bought costume person.  I like to try to make costumes out of stuff we have if possible.  That worked to my advantage this year.

First up, Mr. Bowen.  He wanted to be a baseball player and wore Brody's jersey so that was easy. 
Blake had this Iowa Hawkeye football uniform, so that was another easy-peasy pick.  Blake and Bowen just had to have eye black because that's what "those guys" wear.  That was definitely their favorite part.
 We headed to the store thinking Jenna was going to be Where's Waldo, but we couldn't find the right shirt.  I had screenshot some costume ideas and she decided on a pirate.  She found this shirt and the rest we just threw together.  The funny thing is, I have three boys, but have never had a pirate before. 
 And last but not least...Brody.  Brody and Aaron came up with the idea for him to be long-time Cubs announcer Harry Caray.  I'm in love with how it turned out.  I mean, HOLY COW!! We found the coat at Goodwill, the glasses were sunglasses that we popped the lenses out, Aaron made a press pass for him and I made the microphone.

I think this one will definitely go down as one of my favorite Burdorf Family costumes ever!  Perfect year for it, wouldn't you say?!  Go Cubs Go!
The kids and I (Aaron had to ref a volleyball game) stayed busy for almost the entire two hours and we got way too much candy!!!! 
Happy Halloween!

No comments: