Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The way I see it...

Being more intentional
The holiday season is upon us and it’s always such a crazy time of year with everything.  I always feel like before you know it, Christmas is here and gone and we’re sitting in January wondering where December went.
 
I have yet to buy a single gift.  I have yet to finish my Christmas decorating around the house.  I have family coming December 12th for Christmas (we have work schedule conflicts) and I have yet to come up with a plan for food, sleeping arrangements, etc.
 
I don’t want to stress out about these things!  I say that every year and I try my best, but I always get caught up in the season and it’s gone and I’m stressed before you know it.  
 
This year, I would like to make a plan and set a goal.  I want to be more intentional with my time this month. I want to not just wish for the weekend.  I want to watch, “Home Alone,” on a Thursday night because that sounds like a fun thing to do.  I want to bake a batch of Christmas cookies when the kids get home from school because they would enjoy it.  I don’t wan’t to wait for and wish for the weekend all month.  That’s what makes the time go by so incredibly fast.  
 
I’m going to make an honest effort for my family to not let the calendar control me this month.  I want to make every day special - for them and for me, but that’s just the way I see it   

No comments: