Sunday, November 22, 2015

Our turkey day craft

Maybe we should alternately title this, "Jamie's attempt at being a crafty mom!" 

Here's what happened:  We got about seven inches of snow on Friday afternoon/overnight into Saturday morning.  Jenna and Brody's basketball games got cancelled and Jenna  begged me to do a "project."  I thought we could make something for the Thanksgiving table at Grandpa and Grandma Burdorfs.  I quickly consulted pinterest trying to come up with an idea (what did we do before pinterest?!).

I liked these cute little turkey name place cards.  We improvised a bit on how to do them and what supplies we used, but I think they turned out pretty well.

First off, Jenna painted some wine corks brown.  "Conveniently" I had a bunch stashed in a drawer. ;)   
 
 Then,  Brody and I shaped the pipe cleaners, while Jenna cut out the beaks and whatever that red thing on a turkey is called.  I did the hot-gluing of the eyes, beak and feathers. 
Next, I found some wooden grilling skewers stashed away in my pantry, so I cut those in half and stuck it into the top and then just hot-glued the construction paper onto the top of the skewer.  Wa-la!
 It was a little time-consuming, but we think the finished product is pretty cute and will look great on the Thanksgiving table!
 
Here's what you need:
1. Wine Corks
2. Brown Paint
3. Googly eyes
4. Pipe Cleaners
5. Foam sheets (for beak)
6. Wooden Skewers
7. Construction paper
On a side note, I have to ask for some prayers and happy thoughts for Blake.  His tacro and creatinine were just slightly higher than normal, so we have to redo labs Monday morning.  Please pray for a smooth draw since last Wednesday was a nightmare and pray for those numbers to where they have been.  Thanks friends!

No comments: