Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Lately...

It's amazing to me how fast days go by.  I looked at my last post and was like, that was already ten days ago?!  We've been busy around these parts lately.  It seems like that's how it goes this time of year.  Last week Aaron and I were not home one nite together!  One of us home; the other not. Aaron did take a personal day on Thursday and we knocked out a bunch of our Christmas shopping.  Yay for that AND for a day date!

Jenna and Brody finished up their basketball seasons.  It was Brody's first season and we play in the Upward League through a church in Marshalltown. I like it because it's not crazy competitive and they really do want the kids to learn.  
 Dribbling, we need to work on that with the head up. ;)  Brody is such a little Aaron.  He is so into watching sports and asking question after question.  That makes me proud because that's how you learn the game!
 Jenna finished year three in the Upward league.  This game I took pictures at was physical.  A lot of pushing and shoving and grabbing for the ball.  I finally saw some fire in my girl!  She was actually pretty mad at times. 
 Ponytail flying. :)
 Coach Dad.  Things went pretty well between them this year.  It was the first time Aaron has coached Jenna and Brody.  Aaron was the best looking coach this particular Saturday because....
 we had tickets to "Motown the Musical" at the Des Moines Civic Center that same afternoon!!  Merry Christmas to me!  It was sooooo good!  I literally loved every single second of it and wanted to see it again as soon as it was over.  Sixty-six Motown songs and unbelievably talented actors and actresses.  Wow.  If you have the chance GO SEE THIS.  I think I heard it's going to be up in the Twin Cities.
The two oldest had their Christmas concerts for school on Sunday the 7th.  I can't believe how grown-up these two look. 
 This picture.  I adore it.  The facial expressions - Jenna the drama queen and Brody and his big smile.
 While the first graders were lining up I was sitting in the front row to take pics for the paper and Brody "didn't see me," so his friend was like, "Brody, there's your mom!" haha.

 The third graders.  I love seeing the kids all dressed up and hearing new and traditional holiday music.
Lately...we've been passing around colds.  Blah.  We survived the stomach bug and now colds.  Runny noses and fun stuff like that.  I'm hoping that the Christmas break will get us all back on the up and up.  
  
This past weekend we had Christmas with my side of the family in Mankato.  It was fun and we had the chance to see an amazing, beautiful light display at a local park done by the Kiwanis.  Anyway, I'm still sorting through photos from this past weekend, so I will post when I get around to it.  
What have you been up to lately?  Are you ready for Christmas?  11 days and counting...

1 comment:

LaRay said...

Love to see that everything is going as crazy as it should with a family of six! Merry Christmas Burdorf family!