Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Lab Results...Today...Christmas Card

First things first, let me tell you about Blake's labs on Monday.  They aren't perfect, but they are stable enough to keep us home!  His iron is a little low, his creatinine went from Mary Greeley normal 0.6 to 0.7.  Honestly, I'm not concerned since he's been sick and is probably still a little dehydrated.  That iron stuff is a pain in the rear, so we have scheduled an infusion on January 8th, when we have another appointment in Iowa City.  

We are thrilled at the possibility to be home, but we know that at any moment, things can change.  We pray they don't, of course, but we are excited thinking about home!
 Aaron had an in-service day today, so it was just me and the four kiddos.  We had a very Christmas-y day around our house.  I took these pictures when I got back from my workout this morning.  Morning is my favorite time - quiet.  Peaceful.  Productive. :)
 We (ok I) decided to make a double-batch of star cookies this morning.  Star cookies are a Burdorf family favorite!  I had plenty of helping hands, as you can see. 
L
 Last minute wrapping, also on the agenda...
 The final results.  Soooo....good!  Soooo...addicting!  'Tis the season I guess. 
Raise your hand if you like to read cheesey Christmas stories during the Christmas season? *raises hand*  Yep, me too. What can I say?  I am my mother's daughter. :)  Although, I am way behind on my reading and it makes me sad.  Hopefully over break I can catch-up a little.  I  started reading this Junie B. Jones book with Brody and then Jenna decided she should read it and finished it today. 
 One of Santa's reindeer...Bowen.
 We put on our pjs and watched "The Polar Express" tonight and made some popcorn.  Believe it or not, that's the first time I've ever seen this movie!  I liked it though. 

 What are your favorite Christmas movies?  We seem to have on Elf, Christmas Vacation and Home Alone on the most here.  Plus....the Hallmark Channel.  Non-stop. 
Christmas cards are kind of "my thing."  I love doing them!  Last year was the first year since we were married that I didn't do one (for obvious reasons) and I missed it!!  This year, I had them out earlier than usual, which sort of made me feel organized, even though I am the farthest thing from it.  
 These photos were taken at my cousin's wedding in Minnesota that was at Macalester College.  Aunt Mandy took our family photos.  I thought they turned out great.  It was a beautiful time of year, beautiful campus and beautiful day!
Merry Christmas to ALL of you!  
We wish you HEALTH and HAPPINESS in 2015!
 

No comments: